The party in power whether at the Centre or in State or States concerned shall ensure that no cause is given for any complaint that it Ms used its official position for the purposes of its election campaign, and in paritcular.
a) The Ministers shall not combine their official Visit With electioneering work and shall not also make use of official machinery or personnel during electioneering work.
b) Government transport including official vehicles or public undertaking. its machinery and personnel shall not be used for furtherance of the interest of the party in power.
- Public places such as maidans Park or public place etc., for holding election meetings, shall not be monopolised by itself. Other parties and candidates shall be allowed the use of such places and facilities on the same terms and conditions on which they are used by the party in power;
- Rest houses, dak bungalows or other Government accommodation shall not be monopolised by the party in power or its candidates and such accommodation shall be allowed to be used by other parties and candidates in a fair manner but no party or candidate shall use or be allowed to use such accommodation (including premises appertaining thereto) as a campaign office or for holding any public meeting for the purposes of election propaganda.
- Issue of advertisement at the cost of public ex-chequer in the news papers and other media and the misuse of official mass-media during the election period for partisan coverage of political news and publicity regarding achievement with a view to furthering the prospects of the party in power shall be scrupulously avoided.
- Ministers and other authorities shall not sanction grants/payments out of discretionary funds from the time elections are announced by the Commission; and
(5. 123(1) 123(2) of RP-Act)
- From the time the elections are announced by the Commission. Ministers and other authorities shall not-
- Announce any financial grants in any form or promises thereof; or
- Lay foundation stones etc. of projects or schemes of any kind; or
- Make any promise of construction of roads. provision of drinking water facilities etc. or
- Make any ad hoc appointments in Government. public undertakings etc;
Which may have the effect of influencing the voters in favour of the party in power. [5. 123 (2) RP Act]
- Ministers of Central or State Government shall not enter any polling station or place of counting except in their capacity as a candidate or ,voter or authorized agent. (Rule 37 & 64 of DMC Election of Councillor's Rules)
of National Capital Territory of Delhi